- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Qualified in 2002 from the University of Huddersfield with a BSc (Hons.) in Podiatry
- Certificate in local anaesthesia - 2002
- Certificate in Prescription Only Medicines - 2002
- Certificate in podiatric acupuncture - 2009
- Certificate in cortico-steroid injection therapy - 2011
- Completed MSc level modules with Queen Margaret University and Glasgow
- Caledonian University:
- Research Methods 1
- Research Methods 2
- Tissue viability
- Current Developments in Podiatry
- Podiatric Mechanics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medicine and Pathology
- Pharmacology for podiatric surgery and prescribing rights
- Principles of diagnostic investigation
- Diagnostic imaging for podiatrists (interpretive).
- Hartlepool NHS PCT from August 2002 to January 2003
- North Tyneside NHS PCT from January 2003 to March 2011
- Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust from April 2011 to present.
My 14-year NHS career to date has given me experience in nail surgery, rheumatology, diabetes, domiciliary care, wound care, biomechanics and podiatric surgery.
Since April 2009 I have worked as an Advanced Podiatrist specialising in biomechanics and in October 2013 I also started working within the podiatric surgery team as a staff podiatrist to the Consultant Podiatric Surgeon.