Went to see Rob today and was very impressed. He was efficient and caring and answered all my questions patiently. He certainly knows his business and gave me helpful advice. I will definitely visit him again when I need to. Thanks Rob.John Strain,
Podiatrist / Director
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Qualified in 2002 from the University of Huddersfield with a BSc (Hons.) in Podiatry
- Certificate in local anaesthesia - 2002
- Certificate in Prescription Only Medicines - 2002
- Certificate in podiatric acupuncture - 2009
- Certificate in cortico-steroid injection therapy - 2011
- Completed MSc level modules with Queen Margaret University and Glasgow Caledonian University:
- Research Methods 1
- Research Methods 2
- Tissue viability
- Current Developments in Podiatry
- Podiatric Mechanics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medicine and Pathology
- Pharmacology for podiatric surgery and prescribing rights
- Principles of diagnostic investigation
- Diagnostic imaging for podiatrists (interpretive).
- Hartlepool NHS PCT from August 2002 to January 2003
- North Tyneside NHS PCT from January 2003 to March 2011
- Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust from April 2011 to present.
My 14 year NHS career to date has given me experience in nail surgery, rheumatology, diabetes, domiciliary care, wound care, biomechanics and podiatric surgery.
Since April 2009 I have worked as an Advanced Podiatrist specialising in biomechanics and in October 2013 I also started working within the podiatric surgery team as a staff podiatrist to the Consultant Podiatric Surgeon.
Poor Rob was the recipient of my ongoing verbosity. For me a very comfortable and necessary job done for one becoming increasing arthritic and who will be a regular patient.Norman Nokes,
Excellent work. When I left it felt I had my feet in the cloudsGreg Davies,
Had a home visit form Rob recently. Very efficient and caring. Did a great job cutting my toe nails, which had been neglected for some time. Definitely recommend him.Judy Ashton,